You must create an account to use Mango Languages on both the desktop and app. Here's how to find Mango Languages through our website and create your own account:
*For smooth browsing experience of this guide, it is recommended that you use modern browsers such as Chrome, Edge or FireFox.
This guide helps Library users to download and use Mango Languages, one of the most popular language-learning resources. Mango Languages is an online language-learning resource with an interactive database that provides step-by-step lesson plans for 71 different languages.
All Library members can use this source free of charge.
The Mango Languages app is available on both the Apple store (iOS) and Google Play (Android). Simply download the app and then:
1. For first-time users, start by visiting the Library website from your device.
2. Sign in with your Library membership account.
3. Go to the Online Resources page and find Mango Languages under "M."
4. Log into your Mango Languages account. Create a new one using your email address if you don't have an account yet.
5- Select the language you want to learn, and start learning!
1. Starting from the app, log into your Mango Languages account. Create a new one using your email address if you don't have an account yet.
2. Under Your Profile, choose "Subscribe for more!"
3. Select "Find Free Mango" and tap on "Search."
4. In the search box, type "Qatar National Library" or click "Search Nearby" if you are in Qatar, and choose "Qatar National Library."
5. Log in to your Library membership account to upgrade your Mango account to full access.
6. Choose the language that you want to learn, and start learning!
When using Mango Languages, it's good to know that:
1. You can use your account settings to:
2. In each language, there are Main Units. This is the main language course that contains the core content in categories such as “People,” “Travel,” “Activities” and “Places.” Under each Main Unit, there are chapters, and under each chapter, there are lessons.
3. In the app, all chapters you are working through need to be downloaded first.
4. In each language, there are also Specialty Courses. These are topic-based courses unique to each culture that are shorter in overall length.
5. Each chapter has conversational and grammar goals that summarize what you can expect to learn and achieve in the chapter.
6. The chapters are designed in an interactive way that lets you listen to content and record your own voice to learn the correct pronunciation.
7. At the end of each chapter in the Main Units, there are listening, reading and recap:
8. Autoplay (app only): You can listen to each chapter in one go by activating autoplay (play icon on the top right).
9. Tools (desktop only): There is a translation tool, which uses the Google translation engine to translate the general idea of conversations from one language to another. It is not a substitute for human translations.