Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Open Access at Qatar National Library
The Library is committed to supporting Open Access publishing and ensuring opportunities for scholars across Qatar to publish in Open Access journals. For more information, click the link above.
Qatar National Research Fund (QNRF)
QNRF fosters original research in engineering and technology, physical and life sciences, medicine, humanities, social sciences, and the arts.
Always pick a topic that is “researchable.” This should be:
- A topic you enjoy
- Specific enough that you can deal with a reasonable number of resources
- Broad enough that you can find enough resources
Before choosing a resource, try to check the following:
- Author: What are the author's credentials and potential biases?
- Content: Who was the information written for? Is it up to date? Is it supported by other references?
- Publishers: Do they have a good reputation, or do they just print everything for everyone?
It is very important to find out the keywords that help you find more related resources to your research. You can:
- Find essential words in your topic title
- Include synonyms of these words
- Keywords are not necessarily single words
- If your research is about a specific region or age group, consider using them as keywords
- Know the antonyms of your essential keywords to avoid resources related to them
You can Ask Our Librarians for piece of advice anytime. The Library staff are happy to help you find what you need!